File a Claim
How to make a claim
To make a claim please click here to be taken to our online claims portal.
As part of your claim you may be required to:
- Provide us with supporting documentation such as original invoices, receipts, and other vouchers relating to your expenses or loss.
- Produce your policy details.
- Provide us with all the information we require to enable us to consider the claim.
What documentation is required to make a claim
You must give us any information we reasonably ask for to support your claim at your expense, such as, but not limited to, police reports, valuations, medical reports, receipts or proof of ownership. If required, we may ask you to provide us with translations into English of such documents to enable us to carry out our assessment of your claim.
- For loss or theft of your baggage or personal effects you should notify the local police or local government authority with 24 hours and you must obtain a copy of the incident report.
- For damage or misplacement of your baggage or personal effects caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they make.
- For medical or dental claims please contact Allianz Partners as soon as practicable and ensure that you retain all reports, receipts, doctor’s certificates and other information.
- For cancellation or amendment claims, you will be required to provide written confirmation from the travel provider (e.g. airline, cruise, travel agent etc) that the travel arrangements we’re cancelled and if any refunds or credits are applicable.
Important claims information
We will pay all claims in New Zealand dollars. We will pay you unless you tell us to pay someone else. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense. An excess may apply to your claims as stated on your Certificate of Insurance. Depreciation will be applied to claims for Luggage and Personal Effects at such rates as reasonably determined by Allianz Partners. If you can make a claim against someone in relation to a loss or expense covered under this policy and you do not get paid the full amount of your claim, we will make up the difference. You must claim from them first.
If you require emergency assistance while you are travelling you should contact Allianz Partners. When you call please have your name, policy number, details describing your emergency and a contact phone number, including area code to provide ready for the operator.
|Within New Zealand:
||0800 486 686
|Australia Toll Free
||1 800 554 114
|UK Toll Free:
||0808 589 3893
|USA Toll Free
||1 800 326 1543
|Reverse charge call through
|+64 9 486 6868
It is important that travellers tell us immediately when they become aware of any circumstances that may give rise to a claim. If you require assistance with a claim while overseas, you need to call us and we will give advice on what to do. If you are asked to submit a claim, you must do this within 30 days of your return to New Zealand. To reduce delays in processing a claim, travellers should ensure documentation is submitted at the time of claim.
Worldcare travel insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.
For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's financial strength rating, please refer to the following Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policy Holder Preference Disclosure Notice found at https://www.worldcare.co.nz/.
Allianz Partners website |
Terms and Conditions